Friday, September 12, 2008

Why I Don't Do Christian Car Bling


So, I had to go to this meeting. I work on campus so it's faster to walk than it is to drive. As I'm crossing the library parking lot I notice this car apparently owned by a couple of lesbian unitarians. Judging from the bumper stickers. Including "Love above all." "God loves everyone." "Would God hate?" "Peace is the answer."

The reason I noticed it was the driver and her partner (judging from the dialogue) were having a hair pulling, screaming and cussing catfight. Dragging out of the car door, across the hood, down the sidewalk, and so on. Yeah, peace may be the answer but I guess you have to ask the right question.

Hmmm. Bringing up the real issue I have with religious and philosophical bumper stickers.

The way I drive, the last thing I need is someone jumping out of the car after I cut them off and attempt to communicate my sentiment with sign language, and say "Pray the rosary yourself, bitch!"

Which is why my car is adorned with the legally required Alabama license plate and a window clingie that states I donated to the university's annual fund. I do hope that keeps me from being any one else's blog post.

4 comments:

boozefloozy said...

ha. Did I tell you my car was egged and my non-religious-slash-blasphemous sticker vandalized? The Unknown Culprit left a Christian Coalition brouchure on my dash. Because there is nothing like blatant vandalism to share the christian spirit.

Stubby said...

Someone put the rainbow sticker on the back of himself's truck. Right next to the one with the battle flag and says - keep it flying.

Nurse BettyLu said...

Now see? That's one of the reasons my car DOES sport some religious bumper stickers. It makes me a better driver as well as a better human being. Or at least that's how it works on paper...

Style Expert said...

:) I have to remember not to have road rage now that my car is adorned with my business name and contact information! :)