Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Obligatory Introductory Post

You know, it has come to my attention that I really need to start blogging again because my family and out of town friends should know what I'm up to.

Or maybe not. We shall see.

At any rate, I named this blog after the building complex where I work. Mostly because it sounds like a mental illness. Which really isn't that far off.

By way of introduction, I work as a library paraprofessional supervising the circulation department of a medical library. This brings me into contact with lots of crazy people. No, not homeless indigents and such; I'm talking coworkers. It's a state job. It doesn't demand much. Nor does it pay much, but that pretty much explains why I'm still here.

That being said, I do enjoy my job when I'm allowed to do it, and am not off measuring study room walls or washing disposable white board erasers.

God help me. For this I went to college.

In other news, I have one fat loud geriatric cat, one Shriner husband who needs new parts, one car which also needs new parts, and one car-in-law (husband's car) which just needs to be taken out and shot. And three stepchildren who are *generally* better behaved than their father.

I eat and drink more than I should, and no longer discuss my weight, age, or credit card balance.

I also need to get my butt back to the track as soon as my husband (aka Sockman) finishes cardiac rehab.

No comments: