Friday, July 25, 2008

Car-ma

Yesterday I was out sick with the Mystery Hock Up A Lung Disease, which seems to be my new best friend. Yesterday I also ran out of Nyquil cough. Now, I know all of the nice new agey alternative medicine horse hockey about not suppressing a cough and whatnot. But you know what? When you're over forty, cough medicine is cheaper than incontinence supplies and I'm just gonna leave it at that.

So I went to Walmart. Since, according to Sockman, we were also DESPERATELY out of Canadian Bacon, I had to go to the Walmart out in West Mobile (or as the trendy kids call it WeMo, which I can only assume is Nemo's mulleted cousin or something) because the Walmart directly behind the apartment has been out of Canadian Bacon since they killed the last pig. This route unfortunately takes me through a nasty bit of perpetual road construction but I do it seldom enough that I tend to forget there is road construction.

Naturally, on the way back from Walmart, I got stuck in the left lane and had to merge back for the construction. Some dude driving a late model Oldsmobile cut me off three times--maybe my use of a turn signal confused him. I don't know. But after a while, he was being downright aggressive about it. So when the car in front of HIM slowed to turn right, I nosed in front.

And proceeded to let over every single person who wanted to merge. I also stopped to let out four little old ladies, a semi, a dump truck, and two unidentified pieces of big yellow road construction things. Hey, I'm a girl. I'm not required to know what they are called, right?

In fact, I let so many people out that when he came to HIS turn, he was blocked from the turn lane and missed his light.

And that is one long cycle.

You know, dude, you could have just let me out.

No comments: